Saturday, February 28, 2009

The ending of week 3

This is kinda a silly picture of a girl that lives across the street. She LOVES to come talk to us.

Time feels like it is going by so quickly. It has already been 3 weeks. I know I have 7 left, but I wish I had more. Maybe I won`t by the end of trip. But I think I will. Kirst i and I have a rough plan for the rest of the trip. We will study this upcoming week. And then we are trying to find a guide to take us up to El Mirador which are ruins up near the border of Mexico. It takes 2 full days to hike into them. We plan to spend 5-6 days doing that and hopefully it will just be her and I and a guide that only speaks spanish so it will be a good time to practice speaking. Then we are thinking we will do one more week of classes here and then head to Xela for the last 4 weeks and study there. (this of course is all subject to change)
random shot of me taking down our laundry

Today is kinda a funny day. After the last trip to Tikal I decided I don`t want to take big weekend trips, but would prefer to hang out in town. SO this weekend Kirsti went with another student to some caves and pools that are about a 6hour bus ride away and I am staying here. There was supposed to be 2 weddings today at the church and a baptism so my plan was to head to the church this morning with Dalia to help decorate at about 9am. At about 8am Dalia`s daughter-in-law came over to let her know that everything was moved to next Saturday. Hmmm... OK. So there went my plans for the day and I am sin amiga. Ah yes, so I decided to travel again here to Flores to use the computer and then will study and proabably go swimming in the lake later. I miss Kirsti already!!

The picture if the dog is Cush and Dalia`s son Gerson`s and her name is French. She is so scraggly, but so happy all the time. I just love her (Kirsti thinks it is funny how much I adore her). That`s ok ... She is obsessed with the turtles living outside our room.


Frenchie





















Our Neighbors

No comments:

Post a Comment