Monday, March 30, 2009

Starting out in Xela


views of the city from a hill by our house












Well, here are finally some pictures of our life here in Xela! I am REALLY excited to be here still! We have finished a week of school and are finding our way around the city. I was here last year for 4 weeks to study, but I lived on the other side of the city. So while there is a sense of familiarity, it also is very new.
I am having fun being in the city. I can´t remember if I wrote in my last post, but it is A LOT colder here! Now I don´t regret packing my fleece and vest and jeans!!

There are a lot of Cafes here so we have been spending a lot of our afternoons studying in them. And we started taking yoga in the evenings too.

My teacher is EXCELLENT here! And our family is incredible!!





the family minus Gabby and my room to the right































Saturday night much of the world turned out their lights for an hour and so did we.. during which we payed scrabble with Andre. He played in English and we played in Spanish




















Me and my teacher Oscar












Kir and I at McDonalds (as if you coudn´t tell)




























To the right is a picture of the hot springs Fuentes Georginas which are about an hour outside of the city and roasting hot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment